I have to say that this time, it’s working perfectly. The previous one I had had a misaligned shaft, the control panel had spongey buttons, and who know whatever else as I didn’t even managed to roast 100g of coffee in it because I couldn’t deal with the screeching noise and the drum stuttering. It was painful to watch.
Thankfully Hasbean back then gave me a full refund (whilst Behmor CS just told me there was nothing wrong with my unit and were rather dismissive).
So here I am, 11 months later, with the Behmor. It’s so different from the Gene in terms of usability - In that regard I prefer the simplicity of the Gene Cafe, as well as the fact you can attach a vent hose and vent smoke out of the window. The Behmor has a smoke suppression system, which, in all honesty, seems to work well, as I just did a roast indoors, near a window and it’s not bad at all.
Comparing to the Gene, the Behmor requires more work to keep it clean, and it’s a little bit messier due to chaff flying around, specially if you want to cool the beans externally.