I now have for sale a modified Gaggia Classic. It’s from 2006, made in Italy, 1300 watt version with 3 way solenoid and has had the following upgrades. Where an upgrade is mentioned that replaced a component, it will also be supplied with the original as well unless specified.
- Mr Shades PID kit - brew and steam
- Mr Shades 3D printed low profile drip tray (original included) and longer drain pipe.
- New Pump (old one failed and is not available)
- New steel steam valve. Old one leaked and began to modify it to make it serviceable but didn’t finish with a thread and end cap.
- Stainless steel dispersion plate (one with larger holes that avoids jetting)
- IMS shower plate (not the nanotech) and box
- Silvia steam wand
- OPV adjusted to circa 10 bar static pressure.
- Portafilter pressure gauge attachment to adjust opv.
- Cafelat blue silicone group head gasket.
- New o-rings throughout replaced at same time as me acquiring the machine.
- Slightly nicer double spout that fits the existing portafilter.
The original Gaggia Classic box
La Marzocco 14g Basket.
IMS B682TH24.5M basket with original box.
Blind steel basket for backflushing.
I acquired the machine 15 months ago from the previous owner who owned it from new. It’s done no more than two double espresso a day in that time.
I regularly do a chemical backflush and use filtered water already in a soft water area.
I think that’s everything? I’ll update with photos shortly.
Collection only I’m afraid. From Baxenden just outside Accrington.
Pricing… looking around the prices are varying quite a bit. Is £350 unreasonable considering the upgrades included?