I imagine most people here have had a lot more beans than me this year, given I bought in 1kg batches, but I thought it might be interesting to see what people have drunk.
Jan - Pumphreys (Don’t know, Christmas present)
Feb - Extract Cast Iron - Guatemala, Caturra/ Catuai/ Bourbon - Washed
- I didn’t get the best out this at all. Will re-visit once I have a proper machine
Mar - BlackCatCoffee - Ethiopia, Koke - Natural
Apr - Roastery Hope Coffee - Brazil, Fazenda Boqueirao - Natural Pulped
- Really interesting, very fruity, lovely acidity
May - Rave - Rwanda Kilimbi - Honey
- Sweet and fruity, fuller than Apr
Jun/ Jul - Compass - Cherry Cherry 500g and Bourbon 500g
- Didn’t get the best out of these, need to go back when I have a proper machine
Aug - Django - China, Banka - Natural
- Delicious, really interesting
Sept - Django - Guatemala - El Durazno - White Honey
- Another great coffee, sweeter
Oct - Smith Street - Brazil, DBARBOSA - Natural Fermented
- Lovely and fruity, smooth
Nov - Foundry - Rocko Mountain - Natural
- A simple, really decent pleasing coffee. Don’t think I got a great deal of acidity and didn’t seem overly ‘complex’ - but very fruity.
Dec - Coffee by the Casuals - Mikari AA - Kenya - Washed / Bombe - Ethiopia - Dry Fermentation
- TBC - Due to illness I’ve not been drinking as much. Will get opened next week, which one I start with TBC.
Next year I am going to go for more 500g batches and a wider range of roasters.
I want to try more different processes too, so if there is anything I should look out for let me know. I am not spending a huge amount on beans, probably £20 max for 500g.