- Hi Dave, my machine has been going great… until the screen ha gone blank. It’s on, just blank… I’ve tried to make sure both ends of both ribbon cable are in securely but still no joy.
- Also I recently had a power issue where as the powered plug from the wall has started to warp
- and so has the socket it goes into.
- The spade bits on the back of it have also discoloured and brittle. I am thinking it’s just the years of heating up several times a day…
- Can I buy these replacement parts?
5 statements or questions.
1, Could be the screen has failed, that’s unfortunate as it’s not a cheap part. It must be said that it’s unusual for these to fail? Perhaps check that ribbon cable again. If you do order a display, then definitely order a ribbon cable with it, just in case.
2. Do you mean the actual plug that goes into the wall socket?
3. Is this the socket on the machine, or the wall?
4. Presumably the socket on the machine, if so, age might yellow them, but they are in a cool area, so shouldn’t go brittle unless it’ a VERY early machine (what year was it made). Check for scorch marks as it might be arcing due to a poor connection. If it’s an early machine it might be arcing in the fuse holder
5. All parts can be purchased from ACS, but depending on the age of your machine the connector for the kettle type lead might well be different now, and I don’t know if it will fit in the same hole…it might.
You can also hard wire the machine and bypass all this stuff.