While I was inside the Evo I noticed what looked like some historic leaking, but further inspection it was damp, problem access.
The leak comes from the fitting inside the machine, from the steam arm
I took the lid off, but knew I’d need more room,
So side and back panel also off, taking the weight off too, note or mark it’s facing point
Then it’s a case of remove the top carrier
Once this is off you need to move the electric panel, so snip the cable ties for the pump, so it hangs freely, you will need to remove the pressure stat wires too, so take a pic of those,
I used a long cable tie to hang it from the back of the machine.
I then took off the copper pipe from the fitting to the steam boiler 14mm spanner
This is the fitting, it’s really tight, there’s just enough room to fully rotate it, using a 13mm spanner and a bar through the hole of the other end, it’s very tight. Acs use a permanent thread lock on here that seems to go brittle over time
Once the fitting is off clean the threads both sides,
I uses some bent needle tweezers.
Wiped and then I wound some PTFE tape around a pencil, thanks to @DavecUK for the tip, and went around the threads 7-8 times,then threaded the fitting back on,
And reinstalling the copper pipe, these were nipped but not hung off, till I fire the boiler up.
Now time to test. Plugged in and ran to temp for a good 40mins, went through 3-4 steamed jugs of water to test, happy to report no leaks so turned off and rebuild in reverse order.
Fresh ties for the pump are needed.
That’s all there is to it 😅