I need help please!
I identified an issue with steam coming out of the valve at the front, bottom of the machine. It appeared to be the vacuum valve causing the issue as I could see water bubbling in the pipe there when I took the lid off.
I turned the steam boiler off on the LCC while I waited for a replacement valve to arrive from Bella Barista, turned the machine off and drained the boiler while hot. Today I fitted the new valve, turned the machine back on, enabled the steam boiler via the LCC, but the pump did not start to refill the boiler.
The boiler was heating, but without any water in it! I have now disabled it again in the LCC while I try to resolve the issue.
In anticipation of questions:
- The unit is nearly three years old, never had any other issues.
- I can’t easily get it to Bella Barista (I’m in Scotland).
- The machine is plumbed in. My water sits nicely in the bracket of not causing scale or corrosion so just has an in-line filter for any particulates.
- The pump works for the E61 section, but it isn’t activating for the service boiler.
- The service boiler pressure gauge was at zero while on, confirming that it has no (or little) water in it.
Anyone got ideas how to troubleshoot and isolate my problem?!