Here is my usual workflow I learnt from a sourdough baking book. Sorry if some terms sound weird, English is not my native language.
1. Mix flour, water and the starter.
2. Let sit for 1 hour (autolyse).
3. Poke pits on the dough, sprinkle salt in the pits (and oil if recipe calls for it).
4. Let rise for 3 hours. During that time, stretch and fold at least 3 times, but wait around 30 mins between. The salt (and oil) is going to incorporate to the dough.
5. Shape to a ball by folding dough to middle and create surface tension by twisting the ball.
6. Let rest for 30 mins on the countertop.
7. Drop to a rising basket and refrigerate the dough overnight.
8. In the morning, heat the oven and a dutch oven inside it.
9. Take the dough from the fridge, slash the surface and immediately drop in the hot dutch oven.
I need to train more how to tell when the dough has risen enough and not just rely on the clock :)