MattH So like the linea micra in that respect then ? Tiny brew boiler with the larger steam one ?
sort of but the ECM max is an HX machine, it just functions like a dual boiler with one little boiler inside a bigger one as a simile.
The fact is for many people it would make more sense than a dual boiler… remembering that with dual boilers unless you want to use more energy and bake the insides, usually we turn the steam boiler off when not required. So you get all of the dual boiler advantages:
- excellent temp control
- good steaming
and in addition some advantages a dual boiler doesn’t give you
- always steam ready, but not steam hot to be always steam ready
- If a dual boilers steam boiler is off, you have a 10 minute wait, not with this, ever
- hot water from the tap always
- lower or same energy consumption (as you never have to warm a big service boiler from cold and then wastefully let it cool down again
- small footprint
- simpler internals, less points of failure
- Little tricks you can do to enhance operation further
- Lower max power consumption
Where the design absolutely makes sense is for the prosumer as most use patterns absolutely fit it’s functions. I do genuinely love using it,