I have had this for some time. Being unsure I bought a refurb when these were around on ebay I bought it early 2018. ;) The refurb seemed to be descale and check all was working. I noticed that steam came on later than brew so descaled a couple of time which levelled things up. More even boiling noises from it as well. As the case needed a good degunk with window cleaner I don’t think it was anything like new. No problems with O ring seals. Scale sludge caused solenoid rattle but easily cleaned up. Probably time to replace it now. Anyway about 4 or 5 months ago it had the overheat and heating when not on problem that crops up now and again. This usually means a triac has failed. If that pretty easy to replace but haven’t checked yet. As this is the usual failure in this area be an interesting thing to look at. It might be the triac drive chip that has failed or the triac itself.
Spares in the UK are now somewhat easier. A source can be found by searching Sage bean to cup spares. At the DB end they seem to have concentrated on the Oracle. Oz or NZ is the other option. I’ve not tried getting the part number of coffee classics and ordering off Sage, I asked Coffee Classics about spares some time ago when they stopped selling them.
:) Anyway I want to get all traces of scale out of it. That is a fair amount of work and not convenient at the moment so after some thought ordered a new one.Too many things about it suite me compared with others.The heat up time isn’t the only one. It’s ready to use as soon as I have Niche’d the grinds. Taste tells me not to bother preheating a bottomless portafilter but that wouldn’t add that much time anyway.
The problems with Sage machines often come down to maintenance. I came across someone who wanted to turn off the clean me lights on another of their machines to save doing it. Scale often figures in these machines. Even their engineers see that.
My previous BE is now with my son. ;) I think he uses the grinder timer and trims with the razor tool. Or maybe to check weight.